Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Slow Cooker recipes are the best including this Greek Chicken. Enjoy the Mediterranean flavors in just one dish! Try this recipe now!
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp minced garlic from about 3 large cloves
1 jar roasted red peppers (12 oz), drained and chopped
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 c Kalamata olives, drained
1 tsp dried oregano
Chopped fresh herbs: any mix of basil, parsley, or thyme, optional for serving (I used fresh thyme)
1/2 c feta cheese, optional for serving
1. Apply cooking spray to a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken, then rub each until well coated.
4. Place the chicken pieces into the hot skillet, then cook each side for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Make sure to cook them in batches to prevent overcrowding. Transfer the chicken pieces into a slow cooker.
5. Add the onions, olives, and pepper into the slow cooker around the chicken.
6. Add thyme, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, and oregano in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
7. Pour the mixture over the chicken and veggies.
8. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook everything for about 1.5 hours or 2 hours on a high setting or 3 to 4 hours on a low setting.
9. Sprinkle freshly chopped herbs and feta cheese over each serving.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 4 days in the fridge. Make sure to store them in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave.
CALORIES: 399 kcal | CARBOHYDRATES: 13g | PROTEIN: 50g | FAT: 17g | SATURATED FAT: 4g | CHOLESTEROL: 140mg | SODIUM: 1093mg | FIBER: 2g | SUGAR: 9g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!