Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
This soup is so heartwarming! Every spoonful of this delicious soup will surely satisfy not just your cravings but also your soul! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
½ c cream cheese (room temperature)
1 c cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
400 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1.5 tsp Roasted cumin powder
1 14 ounce can of Fire-roasted plum tomato
2 teaspoons oil
1.5 c chicken stock
1 c half and half
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1.5 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the onion and garlic, then sauté until translucent and aromatic.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, spices, chicken breast, sauteed onions, and garlic into the slow cooker. Stir until well blended.
4. Cover the slow cooker and cook everything for about 3 hours on a high setting.
5. Add the cream cheese, bell peppers, and shredded cheese. Stir until well blended. Cover and cook again for another 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
6. Use two forks to shred the chicken breast.
7. Top each serving with avocados, freshly chopped cilantro, and sour cream.
8. Serve and enjoy!
1. Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion and garlic, then sauté until soft and aromatic.
4. Add the oregano, cumin powder, paprika, and chipotle chili powder. Stir and cook for half a minute.
5. Add the chicken stock, roasted tomatoes, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
6. Put the chicken breast, then cover the Instant Pot.
7. Press the “High Pressure” button, then cook everything for about 8 minutes.
8. Do a natural release for about 10 minutes.
9. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate, then use two forks to shred it into small pieces.
10. Add the cream cheese, half & half, cheddar cheese, and bell pepper into the Instant Pot. Stir until well blended and allow the cheese to melt.
11. Put the shredded chicken back into the Instant Pot, then stir until well mixed.
12. Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves over each serving.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 100g | Calories: 377 kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 446mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1939IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!