Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 10 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
All you need for this recipe are seven ingredients! This Mississippi Pot Roast is cooked to perfection in the slow cooker! A very easy and hassle-free recipe that I’m sure you are going to love!
I have tried plenty of pot roast recipes, but nothing would compare to this one! This is the best recipe out there, I’m telling you! Try this recipe now, and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today!
Serve this over mashed potatoes or rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Don’t forget to spoon the delicious sauce over. Enjoy!
1 packet ranch dressing mix
8 Pepperoncini peppers
½ c salted butter 1 stick
3 pounds chuck roast
1 packet Au Jus mix
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place a large non-stick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Use paper towels to pat dry the chuck roast.
4. Sprinkle a bit of pepper.
5. Add the roast into the very hot skillet, then sear each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
6. Move the seared chuck roast into the slow cooker.
7. Add Au Jus and dry ranch dressing over the meat.
8. Add a stick of butter on top.
9. Scatter the pepper around the meat.
10. Cover and seal the slow cooker, then cook the roast for about 8 hours on a low setting.
11. When the roast is fork-tender, shred it with two forks. Remove excess fat.
12. Stir everything until well blended.
13. Serve right away over rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Calories 377 | Total Fat 27g | Saturated Fat 5g | Trans Fat 0g | Cholesterol 80mg | Sodium 510mg | Carbohydrates 2g | Fiber 0g | Sugar 0g | Protein 30g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!