Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 15 mins | Yield: 7 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of our family for decades! I am so grateful to my grandma for sharing this recipe with me because now, I get to share it with you as well! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I am so excited for you because I know that you and your loved ones are going to enjoy this Smoked Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal! You are more than welcome to add more ingredients if you like. I know that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a spectacular day, friends. Enjoy!
1½ c cooked brown rice – (Use minute rice to save time)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 pound Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage sliced ¼-inch thick
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon onion salt
2 c broccoli florets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add butter and olive oil, then allow them to become hot.
3. Add the sausage slices, then cook until brown. This usually takes 5 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, then cover the skillet with a lid.
5. Turn the heat down to low and cook the broccoli for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time.
6. Add the onion, garlic powder, salt, and cooked rice. Stir until well blended.
7. Add the shredded cheese and stir until well blended. Allow the cheese to melt completely.
8. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1158mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 325IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!