Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Chicken smothered in a delicious sauce is what you just might need today! Serve this over rice or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
5 strips thick-cut bacon
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c Vegetable oil, for frying.
1/2 c all-purpose flour
¼ c breadcrumbs, plain or Italian
1 tsp seasoned salt
¾ tsp black pepper
4 tbsp Butter
4 tbsp Flour
2.5 c chicken broth
1 beef bouillon cube or 1 tsp better than bouillon
1/3 c half and half
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce, can sub Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp dried sage
2-3 drops Kitchen Bouquet, optional
1. Add all the ingredients for the chicken dredge onto a clean plate. Toss until well mixed.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate. Set aside 4 tbsp of the bacon grease.
3. Use a paper towel to wipe clean the skillet.
4. Slice the chicken breasts into two thin cuts.
5. Pound each chicken slice into 3/4-inch thick.
6. Coat each chicken with the flour mixture.
7. Add the bacon grease into the skillet and enough oil to submerge the chicken. Allow it to become hot.
8. Add the chicken and cook each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a clean plate.
10. Remove the oil from the skillet, then add butter and allow it to melt.
11. Add flour and cook until it forms into a paste.
12. Add the half & half and broth. Stir until well mixed and thick.
13. Add the rest of the gravy ingredients. Stir until well mixed and allow it to boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for a few minutes.
14. Add a bit of the kitchen bouquet and stir until well blended.
15. Put the chicken back to the skillet and toss until well coated with the sauce.
16. Chop the bacon, then spread them over the chicken.
17. Cover the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes or until done.
18. Sprinkle parsley on top.
19. Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
Calories: 666kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1687mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 456IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!