Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These pork chops smothered in a delicious sauce never fail to satisfy me! In less than an hour, you can enjoy these bad boys!
FOR THE PORK CHOPS
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp poultry seasoning or seasoning salt
1 lb. bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
FOR THE ONION GRAVY
A pinch of salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 c low sodium chicken broth
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Sprinkle seasoning salt and pepper over the pork chops, then rub each until well coated.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add butter and oil, then allow them to become hot.
4. Add the pork chops, then sear each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Place the pork chops onto a clean plate. Cover to keep them warm.
5. Add 1 tbsp of butter into the same skillet and allow it to melt.
6. Add the onions and cook for about 12 minutes or until caramelized. Season with a bit of salt to taste.
7. Add the fresh thyme and garlic, then sauté until aromatic.
8. Add the chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
9. Add the heavy cream, then stir until well blended. Simmer for about a minute.
10. Put the pork chops back into the skillet, then toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
11. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then cook the pork chops for another 3 minutes or until done.
12. Remove the skillet from the stove, then sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top of the pork chops to garnish.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 to 4 days.
Calories 353 | Calories from Fat 261 | Fat 29g45% | Saturated Fat 12g60% | Cholesterol 102mg34% | Sodium 228mg10% | Potassium 377mg11% | Carbohydrates 4g1% | Fiber 1g4% | Sugar 1g1% | Protein 19g38% | Vitamin A 525IU11% | Vitamin C 4.1 mg5% | Calcium 40mg4% | Iron 0.8 mg4%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!