Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I am so psyched to share this recipe with you today! This Smothered Sour Cream Chicken is a very simple dish that you and your loved ones are going to enjoy! The perfect lunch or dinner is just an hour away from achieving! Serve this as is or with rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember! I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t give this recipe a try. Have the most wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
1 c sour cream
1 tsp dried basil
3/4 c Parmesan cheese, freshly grated and divided
1 tbsp cornstarch
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Parsley, chopped, for garnish
4 chicken breasts
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Add oregano, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, cornstarch, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Place the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish. Make sure to leave a small space between each chicken.
5. Add a slice of mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast.
6. Add the sour cream mixture on top and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese over the sour cream layer.
8. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the chicken breasts for an hour.
9. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!