Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 10 Servings
This dish has been a part of our meal for a very long time. I can’t remember a week without this delicious Southern Fried Cabbage! This was my Grandpa’s recipe that to this day, we still cook as is! We do not need anything to make this better because it is already perfect! This dish is simple yet very flavorful! I just about 45 minutes, you will surely enjoy your meal! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat, I’m telling you! Lunch or dinner will be awesome again with this spectacular creation! Invite your family over and surprise them with this simple Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Mushrooms, and Onions! Have a beautiful day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 lb bacon
1 large head cabbage, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the bacon and cook for about 10 minutes or until crispy and brown.
3. Remove the crispy bacon from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
4. Leave 3 tbsp of bacon fat in the skillet and discard the rest.
5. Add the onion, mushrooms, and cabbage. Saute for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
6. Add the crispy bacon and toss until well combined.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 122.7 | Protein: 8g 16% | Carbohydrates: 9.6g 3% | Dietary Fiber: 3.6g 14% | Sugars: 5g | Fat: 6.4g 10% | Saturated Fat: 2.1g 11% | Cholesterol: 16.4mg 6% | Vitamin A Iu: 128.1IU 3% | Niacin Equivalents: 3.9mg 30% | Vitamin B6: 0.2mg 16% | Vitamin C: 47.3mg 79% | Folate: 60.4mcg 15% | Calcium: 55.7mg 6% | Iron: 0.9mg 5% | Magnesium: 23.4mg 8% | Potassium: 389.5mg 11% | Sodium: 368.4mg 15% | Thiamin: 0.2mg 19% | Calories From Fat: 58
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!