Prep Time: 12 hrs | Cook Time: 12 mins | Total Time: 12 hrs 12 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Southern Fried Chicken was brined to perfection for a couple of hours! Just imagine the flavors in each bite. Serve it with mashed potatoes or fries. Enjoy!
vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon Tabasco or hot sauce of choice
1 qt. buttermilk
1/4 c cornstarch
2 c all-purpose flour
4 pounds chicken
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon paprika
To Brine the Chicken:
1. Place the chicken, hot sauce, and buttermilk inside a large resealable bag. Seal and shake the bag until the chicken is well coated. Place it inside the fridge overnight.
To Coat the Chicken:
1. Add the seasonings, flour, and cornstarch into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
2. Place a cooling rack onto a large baking sheet, rimmed.
3. Remove the chicken from the brine, then coat it with the flour mixture. Shake off any excess.
4. Put the chicken onto the prepared wire rack, then place it inside the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To Fry the Chicken:
1. Place a deep cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to 350 degrees F.
2. Add enough vegetable oil to fill the skillet to almost half.
3. Add the chicken in batches, then cook until done. Transfer onto a cooling rack. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use your preferred oil to fry the chicken.
It is important to brine the chicken for at least 8 hours to make it juicier.
Keep an eye on the chicken while frying. Make sure not to overcook it.
You can bake the chicken in the oven if you want. Cook each side for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F.
Calories: 691 kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 4.9mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!