Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. My Grandma used to make these heavenly treats all the time! I am so grateful to her for a lot of things and this is one of them! She taught me how to make these biscuits, and now, I get to share them with you as well! Serve these luscious pieces of heaven with your favourite cup of coffee, and you have yourself a snack to remember! Make sure to share this with your loved ones as well. I am 100 per cent sure that they are going to love them as much as we do! Anyway, enough with the long introduction. It is time to go to your kitchen and start prepping for perfection! Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy!
2 cups white lily self-rising flour
1/4 cup Crisco shortening
2/3 cup whole milk
1. Apply Crisco in a 12-inch skillet.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour and Crisco. Use a pastry knife to mix the two ingredients well.
3. Gradually add the milk and beat every addition until well combined.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then transfer the dough on it.
5. Roll the dough to your desired thickness and texture.
6. Use a glass or a biscuit cutter to cut small holes over the dough.
7. Brush the top of each biscuit with a bit of water or bacon grease.
8. Arrange the biscuits into the prepared skillet.
9. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
10. Place the biscuits inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until they turn brown.
11. Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool for a bit at room temperature.
12. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!