Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This Spanakorizo will surely satisfy all your cravings! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I’m thinking of visiting Greece after eating this delicious dish! A big thanks to my sister for giving this recipe to me! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
4 tablespoons chives or scallions chopped and divided
4 tablespoons dill chopped and divided
½ pound baby spinach
1 c basmati rice
2 c of vegetable broth can substitute with water
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ tablespoon lemon zest
feta cheese to garnish
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onions and saute until soft.
4. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
5. Add 2 tbsp of chives and 2 tbsp of dill, then saute for a minute.
6. Add spinach and cook for about 3 minutes or until wilted completely.
7. Add the basmati rice, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined, then allow the mixture to boil.
8. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then simmer for about 20 minutes.
9. Add lemon juice, butter, lemon zest, and the rest of the chives and dill. Stir until well blended.
10. Remove from the heat.
11. Garnish each serving with feta cheese.
12. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5085IU | Vitamin C: 30.2mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!