Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I never thought that this recipe will bring satisfaction to my cravings! I am so glad that I gave it a try because I never would have tasted perfection if it wasn’t for this Greek Spinach Rice! Serve it with your favourite dishes and you have yourself a meal to remember! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. By the way, don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones as well. Enjoy!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
4 tablespoons chives or scallions chopped and divided
4 tablespoons dill chopped and divided
½ pound baby spinach
1 c basmati rice
2 c vegetable broth can substitute with water
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ tablespoons lemon zest
feta cheese to garnish
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Add the garlic, chives, and dill. Sauté until aromatic.
5. Add the spinach and sauté until just wilted.
6. Add the basmati rice and vegetable broth. Stir until well combined.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Allow the mixture to boil, then cover the pot.
9. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then simmer for about 20 minutes.
10. Add lemon juice, butter, the rest of the dill, chives, and lemon zest. Stir until well combined.
11. Remove from the heat and garnish with lemon wedges and feta cheese.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can use fresh or frozen spinach for this recipe.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5085IU | Vitamin C: 30.2mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!