Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These chicken thighs covered with honey, sriracha, garlic, and a lot more, will surely make your day extra special! Serve them with rice and broccolini, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 c rice, uncooked (I used Basmati rice)
1 lb broccolini ends trimmed
2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1/4 c chicken broth
1 small onion chopped finely
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1. Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a casserole dish. Stir until well blended.
2. Add the chicken thighs, then toss them until well coated by the marinade.
3. Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap, then place it inside the fridge. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or 24 hours. I highly recommend you marinate the chicken for 24 hours.
4. Prepare the oven and preheat to 218 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
For the Rice:
1. Rinse the rice three times with water to remove excess starch.
2. Add the rice and 2 cups of water into a heavy-bottomed pot.
3. Place the pot on the stove and cover it with a lid. Turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat. Leave to cover and let the rice rest for a couple of minutes.
5. Remove the cover, then use a fork to fluff the rice.
For the Broccolini:
1. Add water into a pot, then add a steamer to it.
2. Add the broccolini into the steamer, then turn the heat to high and allow the water to boil. Cook the broccolini for 5 minutes or until done.
To Bake the Chicken:
1. Remove the plastic cover from the casserole dish.
2. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake the chicken for about 20 minutes or until done.
3. Serve the chicken with rice and broccolini. Enjoy!
Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
Feel free to use drumsticks or chicken breast for this recipe.
You can use your rice cooker to cook the rice and steam the broccolini.
Calories: 519 kcal (26%) | Carbohydrates: 47g (16%) | Protein: 47.4g (95%) | Fat: 10.9g (17%) | Saturated Fat: 2.9g (18%) | Cholesterol: 121mg (40%) | Sodium: 1118mg (49%) | Fiber: 4.2g (18%) | Sugar: 11.5g (13%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!