Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 3 Servings
This recipe is the best way to take that boring tofu to the next level! The sauce alone of this dish is more than enough to make you feel like you are in for a treat! A must-try recipe indeed!
2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil, any neutral oil works
A pinch of kosher salt
20 to 22 oz. super firm or firm tofu
3 to 4 tbsp sambal oelek/ulek, depending on the desired level of spice
1 c full-fat canned coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp coconut or brown sugar
1 c thinly sliced shallots
1 tsp (4g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; 1/2 tsp if using table salt, add more salt if necessary
4 tsp red curry paste
2 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp coconut oil, can sub with any oil
1 tsp ground coriander, optional
1. Slice the tofu that has been removed from the package into 1-inch small cubes.
2. Place a non-stick pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 2 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the tofu into the pan, then cook each side for about 3 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Season with salt to taste. Make sure to cook the tofu in batches to prevent overcrowding.
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low.
2. Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the shallots, then sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Add the minced ginger, then sauté for about a minute or until aromatic.
5. Turn the heat up to medium-high, then add the sambal oelek, coconut milk, sugar, coriander, red curry paste, and salt. Stir until well blended. Simmer the sauce for about 3 minutes.
6. Remove the sauce from the heat, and then add the fried tofu. Toss until well-coated with the delicious sauce.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds, scallions, and red pepper flakes over each serving to garnish.
8. Serve with rice and veggies. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 568 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 24.4g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 30.6g | Sodium: 1655mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!