Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
I love how the artichoke blends with the rest of the ingredients to make such a delicious pizza. This recipe is something to brag about so, here you go! Enjoy this amazing pizza!
3/4 c milk
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 c)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 ounces finely shredded Parmesan cheese (lightly packed 1/2 c)
6-8 canned artichoke hearts, drained well and quartered (don’t use marinated)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
16 ounces pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
1 clove of garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces provolone cheese (1 c. I used deli slices and chopped)
8 ounces fresh spinach, divided
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 225 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
2. Place the pizza stone inside the preheating oven.
3. Place the pizza dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, then stretch it out to about a 13-inch circle. Make sure to make a rim on the side.
4. Brush the pizza dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Add a saucepan to the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add 3/4 of the spinach, then sauté for a few minutes until wilted.
8. Transfer the sauteed spinach onto paper towels. Fold the paper towels, then press the spinach to remove the liquid. Finely chop them.
9. Add the butter into the empty skillet and allow it to melt.
10. Add flour and onion, then whisk and cook for about 2 minutes.
11. Add milk, then whisk until well blended. Simmer until the texture becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper, then remove the skillet from the stove.
12. Add the chopped spinach and minced garlic, then stir until well blended.
13. Add the spinach Bechamel sauce over the pizza dough and spread it evenly.
14. Chop the spinach, then scatter it on top of the sauce.
15. Sprinkle chopped artichokes, provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese on top of the dough.
16. Add parchment paper under the pizza, then lay it over the pizza stone.
17. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 10 to 13 minutes or until done.
18. Remove from the oven, then slice into even pieces.
19. Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you want.
20. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories 531 | Calories from Fat 225 | Fat 25g38% | Saturated Fat 12g75% | Cholesterol 47mg16% | Sodium 1244mg54% | Potassium 479mg14% | Carbohydrates 54g18% | Fiber 4g17% | Sugar 7g8% | Protein 15g30% | Vitamin A 4875IU98 | Vitamin C 15.7 mg19% | Calcium 460mg46% | Iron 4.3 mg24%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!