Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 16 Servings
These heavenly pinwheels never fail to make me smile every time! If you are looking for the perfect treats to serve today, then you have got to consider these Spinach Feta Pinwheels! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Just follow these simple steps, and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp of water
A few grates of fresh nutmeg
1/4 c grated mozzarella
1/2 c crumbled feta (buy a block and crumble it yourself
1 green onion, chopped
1 10 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
1. In a mixing bowl, add water and egg. Whisk until well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, add onion, seasonings, and cheese. Stir until well blended.
3. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, then put the puff pastry on it and unroll.
4. Brush the pastry with the egg wash mixture.
5. Add the cheese mixture on top of the pastry and spread it evenly.
6. Pull apart the spinach, then scatter them over the cheese mixture layer.
7. Roll up the pastry from one end to another.
8. Line with parchment paper onto two baking sheets.
9. Slice the roll into 1/4-inch pieces.
10. Place the rolls onto the prepared baking sheets and arrange them in a single layer.
11. Place the baking sheets inside the freezer to chill for a few minutes.
12. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
13. Place the rolls inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until they become golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve warm and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: calories: 143 | total fat: 10g | saturated fat: 3g | trans fat: 0g | cholesterol: 7mg | sodium: 142mg | carbohydrates: 11g | fiber: 1g | sugar: 1g | protein: 4g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!