Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Pasta and chicken coated with rich and creamy sauce, anyone? This recipe I am sharing with you today is insanely good! Ready in just 35 minutes!
For the lemon butter chicken:
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove of sliced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
salt and pepper
For the spinach, ricotta pasta:
1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
1 pound pasta such as linguine or your favorite
1 lemon, zest, and juice
1 tablespoon butter
250g/1 c ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic
100g/2 c fresh spinach
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for serving
125ml/1/2 c reserved pasta water
To Prepare for the Lemon Butter Chicken:
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breasts, then toss until well coated.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the seasoned chicken, then sear each side for a few minutes or until they turn golden brown.
5. Reduce the heat to low, then add butter and allow it to melt. Leave the chicken in the pan.
6. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
7. Add lemon juice and lemon slices, then stir until well blended.
8. Cover the pan with a lid, then cook the chicken for about 10 minutes or until done. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
To Prepare the Spinach Ricotta Pasta:
1. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse to stop the cooking process.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Add ricotta cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of pasta water, and lemon zest. Stir until well mixed.
6. Add fresh spinach, mint, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
7. Add the cooked pasta into the pan, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
8. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces, then scatter them on top of the pasta.
9. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken pieces.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 766 kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1770IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!