Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Everything about this pasta dish is awesome! From the pasta to the sauce, it’s so hard not to fall in love with it. All you need is 35 minutes to prepare and cook. Enjoy!
For the lemon butter chicken
1 clove of sliced garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
salt and pepper
For the spinach, ricotta pasta
250g/1 c ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound pasta such as linguine or your favorite
1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
100g/2 c fresh spinach
125ml/1/2 c reserved pasta water
1 lemon, zest, and juice
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Lemon Butter Chicken:
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breasts, then toss until well coated.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken, then sear each side for a few minutes or until they turn golden brown.
5. Reduce the heat to low, then add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add garlic and sauté for about half a minute or until aromatic.
7. Add lemon juice and lemon slices, then stir until well blended.
8. Cover the pan with a lid, then cook the chicken for about 10 minutes or until done.
9. Transfer the chicken onto a clean plate.
Spinach Ricotta Pasta:
1. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse.
2. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Add ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of pasta water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir until well blended.
6. Add basil, fresh spinach, and mint. Stir until well mixed. Season with salt.
7. Add the cooked pasta into the pan, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
8. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces, then add them on top of the pasta.
9. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
10. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories: 766 kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1770IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 2.6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!