Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 24 Servings
These heavenly treats are my comfort food! I love serving these Spring Rolls with sour cream or spicy vinegar. Yes, try it and prepare to be amazed! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so you just have to follow them and you are good to go. Enjoy!
1/4 c canola oil divided
8 c napa cabbage sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic minced
2 carrots sliced thinly
8 ounces bamboo shoots sliced thinly
2 tbsp mirin
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
24 8″ square spring roll wrappers
canola oil for frying
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1/2 of the canola oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the napa cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously.
4. Add the garlic, bamboo shoots, and carrots. Stir and cook for about a minute.
5. Add the soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil. Stir until well mixed.
6. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
7. In a mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and cornstarch. Stir until well mixed.
8. Lay the wrapper onto a clean surface, then brush each with the slurry.
9. Add 2 tbsp of the filling and shape it into a rectangle. Fold the sides of the wrapper and roll. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
10. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to 325 degrees F.
11. Add 3-inches of oi and allow it to become hot.
12. Add the spring rolls and cook for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
13. Remove from the oil onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
14. Serve warm and enjoy!
Yield: 24 spring rolls, Amount per serving: Calories: 143g | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 104mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 930g | Vitamin C: 7.3g | Calcium: 32g | Iron: 0.8g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!