Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Hello there, friends! This recipe I am sharing with you today needs no further introduction. All I can say is that do not miss out on it. It is simply the best! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
2 rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each), trimmed of excess fat and cubed
4 tbsp flour, divided use
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp avocado (or olive) oil
2 small white onions, quartered and sliced
16 oz (1 lb) sliced mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 c ale (I used “Fat Tire” amber ale)
6 c beef stock
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the cube steaks, salt, and pepper. Toss until well seasoned.
2. Put a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add butter and oil, then allow them to melt and become hot.
4. Add the seasoned steaks and sear all sides until brown.
5. Remove the steaks from the pot onto a clean plate.
6. Add more oil into the pot and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the mushrooms and onions, then cook for about 10 minutes or until they caramelize. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
9. Add the Italian seasoning and 1 cup of ale. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get the brown bits. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
10. Add 2 tbsp of flour and beef stock. Stir until well blended and thick.
11. Simmer the mixture for another 20 minutes or until it reduces its volume.
12. Remove the pot from the heat, then put the beef back to the pot. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with freshly chopped thyme and parsley.
14. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!