Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 12 mins | Total Time: 17 mins | Yield: 2 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this awesome recipe to my friends, and that includes you! Oh, man, this Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce will surely make your day extra special! Feel free to tweak this recipe a bit to your liking. Serve it with mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
2 300g/10oz New York Strip / Porterhouse steaks (or other of choice)
1/2 c (125 ml) cream, heavy/thickened
2 – 3 teaspoons coarsely crushed whole black peppercorns (or canned green peppercorns, drained)
3/4 c (185 ml) beef broth/stock, low sodium
1/3 c (85 ml) brandy or cognac (or marsala)
1. Thaw the steaks 20 minutes before cooking them.
2. Use a rolling pin to crush the pepper.
For the Steaks:
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the steaks, then rub each until well coated.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the steaks and sear each side for a few minutes or until cooked to your preference.
5. Transfer the steaks onto a clean plate, then cover them to keep warm.
For the Sauce:
1. In the empty skillet, add brandy and simmer for a few minutes until it reduces its volume to half.
2. Add the broth and stir until well blended. Simmer for 3 more minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, then add pepper and cream. Stir until well blended. Simmer for a minute or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
4. Add salt and stir until well blended. Make sure to taste it first before adding anything.
5. Spoon the delicious sauce over the steaks.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You can use water instead of alcohol.
Make sure to use a great quality steak for a great outcome.
Calories 352 | Calories from Fat 252 | Fat 28g43% | Saturated Fat 19g119% | Cholesterol 81mg27% | Sodium 187mg8% | Potassium 224mg6% | Carbohydrates 1g0% | Protein 2g4% | Vitamin A 875IU18% | Calcium 39mg4%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!