Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe to try today, then you came to the right page! This Stewed Beef with Gravy is just too good not to share with you! In less than 2 hours, this luscious dish is ready to be devoured! I always serve this over rice. My loved ones could not get enough of this that’s why I always make sure to cook it once or even twice a week. A must-try recipe that you will surely love. Enjoy!
1 c water, divided
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat
1 envelope beefy onion soup mix (such as Lipton)
1 14-ounce can of beef broth
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt & pepper
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the stew meat, then rub it until well coated.
4. Add the meat into the skillet, then sear each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
5. Place a stockpot on the stove, then add 1/2 cup of water, beef broth, and onion soup mix. Stir until well blended.
6. Add the stew meat, then turn the heat to low.
7. Cover the pot, then cook the meat for about 1 to 2 hours or until tender.
8. In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until well blended.
9. Pour the slurry into the pot, then stir until well blended. Simmer for about a minute or until the texture of the gravy becomes thick.
10. Serve right away over noodles or rice. Enjoy!
This dish is best served over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!