Prep: 20mins | Cook: 5mins | Additional: 20 mins | Total: 45 mins | Serving: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
Cheesecake has always been a favorite of mini desserts. I love it when it’s got a little extra, like a slice of chocolate or it’s drizzled with strawberry icing. For some reason, I’m a little overwhelmed by the idea of making a whole cheesecake. I made cheesecake cupcakes, and now these yummy cheesecake strawberry bits, so I guess I just have to take the plunge and make a cheesecake. My only fear is that in one sitting, I’ll end up eating the entire thing, which is why I love those little cheesecake bites. These happen to be delicious with the right size of the portion, and a nice treat after school. Don’t you love to make a recipe that tastes like you’ve had to prepare it for hours when it’s just a snap to put together? Then try this recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Bites.
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
(12) large fresh strawberries, hulled
2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
2 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp canola oil
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Add and beat together with the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
3. Make sure to cut a cone shape out of the top of each strawberry with a sharp paring knife to leave a small hollow.
4. Pipe about a tbsp of the cream cheese filling into each strawberry, make sure the filling overflows out a little from the top of the strawberry.
5. Add and place the graham cracker crumbs into a shallow bowl. Dip into the graham cracker crumbs the filled side of the strawberry, coat the exposed filling with crumbs.
6. Add and melt the chocolate and canola oil in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals until warm and smooth, 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave), stirring after each interval.
7. Dip the unfilled ends of the strawberries into the melted chocolate and put it on the prepared baking sheet; refrigerate until set.
Per Serving: 122.8 calories; 20.5 mg cholesterol; 61.4 mg sodium; 1.8 g protein; 10.8 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!