Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These stuffed shells are so good! I can’t even describe what I’m feeling right now! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love in just one bite! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
½ lb mild Italian sausage
½ c yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp tomato paste
28 oz crushed tomatoes, San Marzano recommended
½ tsp oregano, dried
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
16 jumbo pasta shells, cook a couple extra in case some break
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
4 c spinach leaves, packed, roughly chopped
15 oz ricotta cheese, whole milk
1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ c Parmesan cheese, finely shredded, plus more for garnish
1 large Egg
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped basil
1 tsp kosher salt
⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp black pepper
For the Sauce:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the sausage and cook until crumbly and brown.
4. Add garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic and translucent.
5. Add tomato paste and stir until well mixed.
6. Add the oregano, crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
7. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes.
8. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time and more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper if needed as well.
9. Transfer the sauce into a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it on the bottom.
For the Stuffed Shells:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot with 3 quarts of water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and put them onto a sheet pan.
4. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
7. Add the spinach and cook until wilted completely. Remove from the heat.
8. In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, basil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
9. Put the cheese filling into a piping bag.
10. Fill each pasta shell with the filling.
11. Arrange them onto the prepared baking dish.
12. Cover them with foil.
13. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
14. Remove the foil cover and bake for another 5 minutes.
15. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 402 | Calories from Fat 225 Fat 25g 38% | Saturated Fat 11g 55% | Cholesterol 90mg 30% | Sodium 1150mg 48% | Potassium 639mg 18% | Carbohydrates 24g 8% | Fiber 3g 12% | Sugar 6g 7% | Protein 20g 40% | Vitamin A 2130IU 43% | Vitamin C 16mg 19% | Calcium 322mg 32% | Iron 2.9mg 16%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!