Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 4 Servings
Chicken coated with a delicious sauce! A lot of things are happening in your mouth with each bite of this luscious dish! Try this recipe now, and I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort today. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Breasts:
0.5 ounces Italian Dressing mix packet (half the packet)
1 tbsp butter
1.5-pound chicken (4 small chicken breasts or 2 large chicken breasts, sliced horizontally in half)
⅔ c half and half
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 ounces baby spinach fresh
⅛ tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
⅔ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ c sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil, chopped into smaller bites
4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey cheese with jalapenos
4 slices of bacon cooked
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter on the bottom of a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the Italian salad dressing mix over the chicken, then toss until well coated.
4. Add the chicken breasts to the prepared baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
5. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven.
For the Creamed Spinach:
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the spinach, then cook for about a minute or until wilted. Move the spinach onto a clean plate.
4. In the same skillet, add half & half and minced garlic, then allow it to boil.
5. Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and stir until well blended. Let it melt completely.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then simmer the mixture for a minute or until the texture becomes thick. Set aside.
For the Smothered Chicken Breasts:
1. Put sun-dried tomatoes, creamed spinach, pepper jack cheese, and chopped bacon over each chicken breast.
2. Put the chicken back into the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 766 | Fat 58g 89% | Saturated Fat 25g 156% | Cholesterol 204mg 68% | Sodium 1068mg 46% | Potassium 939mg 27% | Carbohydrates 10g 3% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 3g 3% | Protein 49 g 98% | Vitamin A 4860IU 97% | Vitamin C 18.6mg 23% | Calcium 419mg 42% | Iron 3.7mg 21%