Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
I have never been more satisfied in my entire life! This delicious dish just became my favourite and I am very excited to share it with you today! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will be worth all your time and effort. Enjoy!
2-3 pounds coarse ground chuck
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 medium white onion
2-3 medium jalapeno or Serrano peppers
1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
12+ homemade corn or flour tortillas (links in comments or can use store-bought)
1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
2-3 cups **enchilada sauce
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the peeled onions into four. Put them into a food processor as well as the prepared and sliced peppers.
3. Add the cilantro leaves into the food processor as well, then pulse until all the ingredients are well combined and minced.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the cheeses and toss until well mixed.
5. Place a large non-stick skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
6. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the ground chuck, paprika, chilli powder, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until brown.
8. Add the minced ingredients, then stir and cook for about 2 minutes or until aromatic.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat.
10. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
11. Cover 4 to 6 tortillas with a paper towel, then place them inside the microwave and heat for about 20 seconds. Repeat the process to the rest of the tortillas.
12. Place the tortillas onto a clean surface.
13. Spoon the meat mixture in the middle of each tortilla, then sprinkle grated cheese over.
14. Roll each tortilla and arrange them into the prepared baking dish. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
15. Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and spread it evenly.
16. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top.
17. Place them inside preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
18. Serve hot with refried beans, salsa, charro, and Spanish rice. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!