Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
These Swedish Meatballs will make your every meal spectacular! Serve them over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes! Don’t forget to spoon the delicious sauce over for an experience you will never forget. Enjoy!
1 lb. of ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ c milk
2 tbsp olive oil divided
3 slices of white bread crust were removed and cut into small cubes (about ½ c)
⅛ tsp garlic powder
½ large onion grated on the large holes of a box grater
1 tbsp salted butter
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 c heavy cream
⅓ c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 c beef broth
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
¼ c salted butter
1. In a mixing bowl, add milk and cubed bread. Allow the bread to soak in milk for at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Transfer onto a clean plate and allow it to cool.
5. Add the egg, ground pork, ground beef, allspice, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper into the bowl with the soaked bread. Add the sauteed onions as well. Use your clean hands to mix everything until well blended.
6. Form the meat mixture into 30 bite-size meatballs.
7. Lay the meatballs onto a baking sheet.
8. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add the rest of the butter and oil.
9. Add the meatballs in batches, then cook all sides for about 5 minutes or until they turn brown. Remove from the skillet. Repeat the process with the rest of the meatballs.
10. In the empty skillet, add 1/4 cup butter and allow it to melt.
11. Add the Worcestershire sauce, cream, salt, pepper, and broth. Whisk until well blended. Allow the mixture to simmer for at least 2 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
12. Put the meatballs back into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Simmer everything for another
10 minutes or until done. Remove from the heat.
13. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top to garnish.
14. Serve hot with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 997mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 804IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!