Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I’ve always been a fan of this recipe. Now, allow me to share it with you! These Sweet and Spicy Mexican Roasted Sweet Potatoes are the best side dish in every meal! Enjoy these incredibly delicious and healthy treats in just 35 minutes! You can serve these pretty much any time of the day!
About 1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
3 medium or 2 large sweet potatoes
3 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
black pepper – to taste
pinch of chili flakes (optional)
thinly sliced red onion
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 218 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
2. Wash with water the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt.
3. Slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place them into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add garlic powder, oil, chili powder, black pepper, sea salt, onion powder, and cumin over the potatoes. Toss until well coated.
5. Transfer the potatoes onto a sheet pan and arrange them in a single layer.
6. Place the sheet pan inside the preheated oven and roast the potatoes for 22 to 26 minutes or until fork-tender.
7. Remove the roasted potatoes from the oven and allow them to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
8. Top each potato with a drizzle of honey and your Mexican garnishes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to slice the potatoes into even cuts.
You leave the skin of the potatoes if they are organic. I prefer to peel the non-organic potatoes to get rid of the pesticides.
Total Fat 10.7g 0% | Cholesterol 0mg 15% | Sodium 346.9mg 7% | Total Carbohydrate 18.5g 8% | Dietary Fiber 2.3g | Sugars 7.1g 3% | Protein 1.3g 52% | Vitamin A 471.1µg 2% | Vitamin C 1.7mg 2% | Calcium 26.8mg 4% | Iron 0.8mg 5% | Magnesium 19.2mg 5% | Potassium 249.2mg 2% | Zinc 0.3mg 3% | Phosphorus 36.9mg 5% | Thiamin (B1) 0.1mg 4% | Riboflavin (B2) 0mg 3% | Niacin (B3) 0.5mg 9% | Vitamin B6 0.2mg 2% | Folic Acid (B9) 7.9µg 3% | Vitamin E 0.4mg 3% | Vitamin K 2.1µg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!