I’m sure there is an official name to this cake, but I grew up with it only being called anti-crabby cake because no matter how you were feeling, this cake always made you feel better. It still does the trick for me! It is simple, unique, and delicious!
1 can(s) crushed pineapple in 100% juice (large can – 20oz) – do not drain
2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend by hand to combine. No need to bust out the beaters for this one, but you can if you want to!
3. Pour mixture into a 9×13 glass pan. You do not need to grease, flour, spray, etc. Trust me.. it comes out perfect without! Bake 30-40 minutes until just golden and baked through.
4. You’ll want to frost the cake while still warm, so prepare your frosting as your cake bakes. You can frost when cooled all the way, too, but it is just easier to frost warmer. Simply add your frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat until combined and smooth.
5. Spread the frosting on the warm cake right in the pan. Let cool, then refrigerate. Serve cold and enjoy!!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!