If you were looking to make a fast chicken enchilada without any complicated steps, this recipe is perfect for you!
This cheesy rotisserie chicken enchilada skillet dinner is an easy skillet version of chicken enchiladas. It is about as fast as enchiladas can get, it’s actually a tortilla casserole made all in one skillet, and we’ve used a homemade enchilada sauce which tastes so good!
We love this recipe because it uses a rotisserie chicken to simplify the dish for one pot cooking. The recipe turned out delicious and the servings are very generous and filling.
HOW TO MAKE SKILLET CHICKEN ENCHILADAS:
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ENCHILADA SKILLET:
This dish doesn’t need a side, but if you wish to add some here are some suggestions:
- Yellow rice or Cilantro Lime Rice
- Refried beans also make a great side dish
- Can also be served with avocado slices on the side.
CHEESY ROTISSERIE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SKILLET
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 16- oz Enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup Sour cream, plus more for serving
- 4 Corn tortillas Torn into quarters
- 4 cups Shredded chicken from a 2½-pound rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed
- 1 15- oz Can low sodium black beans Rinsed and drained
- 3 oz Shredded cheese
- Jalapeño peppers and chopped fresh cilantro For serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- In a 10 inch oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Adding onion, garlic, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring, leave for about 5 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Transfer the skillet mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the enchilada sauce, sour cream, and 1/4 cup water to thebowl with the onion mixture and stir.
- Add the tortillas, chicken, and beans until thoroughly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the skillet and cook over medium heat forabout 3 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese all over the top and bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool slightly, then, if desired, top the enchiladas with sour cream, jalapeños, and cilantro and serve directly from the skillet at the table.