These crunchy tuna croquettes are budget-friendly, perfect appetizers or side dishes, made with canned tuna, potato, and parsley, that can be baked in the air fryer or the oven.
Canned tuna is mostly used for sandwiches or salades but tuna can also taste really good as croquettes, These tuna and potato croquettes are budget-friendly and super easy to make, and most importantly, they taste really good!
These croquettes are budget-friendly since they contain canned tuna and potatoes! Combined they make a tasty and easy lunch or dinner or even as a side dish or appetizers. Tuna croquettes are best served with a salad and lemon juice for the dressing and a tartar sauce for dipping.
WHAT ARE TUNA CROQUETTES?
Croquettes are a classic fried dish that can contain potatoes, meat, or seafood. This recipe is like small cakes frilled with mashed potatoes and canned tuna. If you like to opt for a healthier version of croquettes, it is best to bread them and air fry them or bake them in the oven instead of frying them.
TUNA CROQUETTE INGREDIENTS
- Tuna: Make sure the canned tuna is drained and flaked apart.
- Potato: boil the potatoes for 15 to 18 minutes. Then drain and mash.
- Ingredients for Flavor: Parsley, red onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, light mayonnaise.
- Coating: Dip the croquettes in one beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.
AIR FRYER TUNA CROQUETTES
The best thing about air fryer recipes is that they deliver crunchier results than the oven, but both work for this recipe. Before cooking the tuna croquettes, make sure you spray them with olive oil so the breadcrumbs get crispy. If you’re opting for an air fryer, air fry for 10 min at 350 F degrees, and turn them halfway until they’re golden.
BAKED TUNA CROQUETTES RECIPE
This recipe can be both baked in the air fryer or in the oven at 375 degrees for 22 to 24 minutes, turning halfway.
- Fresh Herbs – Swap the parsley for any fresh herbs, such as dill or chives.
- Other canned fish –use canned salmon or sardines in place of fish, just don’t forget to remove any bones and drain the fish first.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TUNA CROQUETTES
- 2 5 Oz Canned tuna, drained and flaked apart
- 1 large 10 ounce russet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher saltblack pepper, to taste
- olive oil spray
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup plain or gluten-free panko
- lemon wedges, for squeezing
- tartar sauce, optional for serving
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Cook on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 18 minutes then drain.
- Mash in a large bowl and combine with the tuna, parsley, mayonnaise, red onion, Dijon mustard, lemon juice ,and salt and pepper and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place1/4 cup of mixture in hand and gently roll into 8 logs.
- Place one beaten egg in a small bowl, and the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
Air Fryer Method:
- Air fry 350F 10 minutes, turning halfway until golden and crisp.
- Bake in the oven 375F for 22 to 24 minutes, turning halfway until golden and crisp.
- Serve with lemon wedges.