Prep Time: 35 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is what you just might need today! The perfect dish that you will serve can be achieved in less than an hour! Try this recipe now. Enjoy!
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c brown sugar
3 c cooked brown or white rice
1 bag (12 oz.) stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, etc.) (can be found in the produce section of grocery stores)
1/2 c water
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water (Slurry)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and 1/2 cup of water. Stir everything until well blended.
4. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and allow it to boil.
6. Add the slurry, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
7. Add the chicken breasts into the prepared pan and arrange them in a single layer.
8. Add 1 cup of the sauce on top of the chicken breasts and spread it evenly to coat.
9. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
10. Remove from the oven and use two forks to shred the chicken breasts into small pieces.
11. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the veggies on how to prepare them. Drain.
12. Add the cooked rice and steamed veggies into the pan with the chicken. Pour the rest of the sauce over the ingredients and toss until everything is well mixed.
13. Put it back inside the oven and bake for 15 more minutes or until done.
14. Remove from the oven and allow the casserole to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Drizzle more sauce on top and sprinkle your preferred herbs to garnish.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!