Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are so good! A big thanks to my good friend, Selena, for recommending this recipe. Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Serve these delicious treats over rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better. Enjoy!
2 pounds of chicken thighs (or breasts) cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon honey
1 c water
1/3 c soy sauce *low sodium recommended
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/3 c brown sugar
chopped green onion
1. In a mixing bowl, add water and cornstarch. Stir until well blended.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add the cornstarch mixture and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
5. In a large resealable bag, add the chicken.
6. Add 1/2 of the sauce, then seal the bag. Shake it until the chicken thighs are well coated with the sauce.
7. Place the bag inside the fridge and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
8. Thread the chicken skewers.
9. Prepare the grill and preheat.
10. Add the chicken over the grill and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to turn every 3 minutes.
11. Brush the chicken with the rest of the teriyaki sauce.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!