Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
In just about 30 minutes, you will surely enjoy this spectacular Texas Caviar also known as Cowboy Caviar! Oh, man, this recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! Feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking. I am sure that you can do a lot to take this very simple recipe to the next level! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
For The Dressing:
¼ c olive oil
1 tbsp lime zest
4 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika sweet or hot
¾ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp honey
2 cloves of garlic minced
For The Caviar Dip:
1 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed*
1 15 ounces can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed*
½ c whole corn kernels I used canned corn but drained it first
3 scallions both white and green parts are chopped
⅓ c red onion chopped finely or diced
3 small bell peppers chopped (approx. ¼ c)
1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
½ c cherry tomatoes sliced thinly
½ ripe avocado cut into small cubes
½ c fresh cilantro rinsed and chopped
To Serve With (Optional)
Your favourite hot Sauce
For the Dressing:
1. In a mixing bowl, add lime juice, oil, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic, honey, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
For the Texas Caviar Dip:
1. In a mixing bowl, add black-eyed peas, black beans, corn kernels, red onion, scallions, jalapeno pepper, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, fresh cilantro, and avocado. Stir until well mixed.
2. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and toss until well coated.
3. Add more seasonings if needed.
4. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 947IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!