Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
2 years ago, I went to Thailand to visit a friend. She toured me around and we ate a lot of food! This recipe I am sharing with you today is my take on the famous Thai Basil Chicken! I love it so much that I figured, why not share it with my friends? So, here you go. I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (cut into 1/2-inch dice)
1/3 c cornstarch
1 Thai chile or serrano pepper, minced
1 teaspoon green curry paste
1/3 c sherry
3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 c chicken stock
1 1/2 c Holy basil (Thai basil or Italian basil can be substituted)
Jasmine rice for serving
1. Place a wok on the stove and turn the heat to high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and chicken. Toss until well coated.
6. Add the chicken into the hot wok and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until brown.
7. Add the curry paste, chilli, brown sugar, fish sauce, sherry, and soy sauce. Stir until well mixed and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
8. Add the chicken stock and stir until well blended. Cook everything for 3 more minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
9. Add basil and stir until well mixed.
10. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Fat 9g 14% | Saturated Fat 2g 13% | Cholesterol 145mg 48% | Sodium 1433mg 62% | Potassium 532mg 15% | Carbohydrates 14g 5% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 4g 4% | Protein 33g 66% | Vitamin A 353IU 7% | Vitamin C 4mg 5% | Calcium 38mg 4% | Iron 2mg %
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!