Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 5 to 6 Servings
These luscious Meatball Lettuce Wraps are the best party food! My guests could not get enough of these delicious treats every time I serve them! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
For the meatballs:
1.5 lb lean ground pork
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sriracha
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lime juice (1 – 2 limes)
1–2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (for coating the meatballs once they are cooked)
For the coleslaw:
1 14 ounces bag coleslaw mix (the kind with regular cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots)
10 basil leaves, rolled up and sliced
5 mint leaves, rolled up and sliced
3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 scallion, finely sliced
1/4 c rice vinegar
5 tsps light mayonnaise
4 tsp sweet chilli sauce
1 head of iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce (either will work for the lettuce wraps)
Extra lime for garnish
Extra cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the meatballs aside from the sweet chilli sauce. Use your hands to mix everything.
3. Apply cooking spray on a baking sheet.
4. Form small balls out of the meat mixture, then arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place the meatballs inside the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
6. Add all the ingredients for the coleslaw into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
7. In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and sweet chilli sauce. Stir until well blended.
8. Pour the mixture into the coleslaw and stir until well mixed.
9. Remove the meatballs from the oven into a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce and toss until well coated.
10. Fill a lettuce cup with coleslaw, then top it with 3 meatballs.
11. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!