Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
Try this recipe now and I promise you that it will be the best decision you will ever make today! Serve these heavenly treats with ice cream and you have yourself a snack or dessert to remember! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter – softened
1/2 cup milk
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 granny smith apples- cored and peeled
Extra cinnamon & sugar
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the apples by peeling and removing the core.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until well mixed.
4. Add milk and butter, then pulse again until it resembles a soft dough.
5. Divide the dough into 6 equal slices.
6. Form each dough slice into a circle.
7. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface, then roll the dough balls on it.
8. In a mixing bowl, add cinnamon and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
9. Put an apple slice in the middle of each ball of dough.
10. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the hole.
11. Use your hands to wrap the entire apple slice with the dough.
12. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
13. Arrange the apple dumplings onto the prepared baking pan.
To Make the Sauce:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove, then add butter, water, cinnamon, and sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Turn the heat to medium, then allow the mixture to boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
4. Pour the sauce around the pan.
5. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until done.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the apple dumplings to cool completely at room temperature.
7. Serve and enjoy!
These dumplings are best served with ice cream, milk, or whipped cream!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!