Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
The name of this dish speaks for itself! It is simply the best! In just about 40 minutes, you will have the perfect meal today! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 c finely chopped yellow onion
2 garlic cloves, minced (2 teaspoons)
1 (28 ounces) can of crushed Roma tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 fresh basil sprigs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 (8 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and separated, and pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
2 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 c)
2 ounces provolone cheese**, shredded (1/2 c)
1 large Egg
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1/2 c)
1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 c torn fresh basil
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
5. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano, 2 fresh basil sprigs, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
6. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes or until thick. Make sure to stir from time to time.
7. Discard the basil sprigs, then remove the pan from the heat. Cover it with a lid.
8. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
9. Prepare and preheat the broiler.
10. Add egg and flour to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
11. In another mixing bowl, add the Panko bread, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Toss until well combined.
12. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken.
13. Coat each chicken with the egg mixture, then into the Parmesan mixture.
14. Place the chicken on a clean plate.
15. Place skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
16. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
17. Add 2 chicken pieces at a time and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
18. Remove from the skillet onto a baking sheet. Repeat the process to the rest of the chicken.
19. Mix provolone and mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken.
20. Place them inside the oven and broil for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted completely.
21. Remove from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce on top of each chicken.
22. Garnish with 1/4 cup of freshly chopped basil.
23. Serve with the pasta. Enjoy!
Calories 577 | Calories from Fat 324 | Fat 36g 55% | Saturated Fat 10g 63% | Cholesterol 141mg 47% | Sodium 848mg 37% | Potassium 1085mg 31% | Carbohydrates 24g 8% | Fiber 4g 17% | Sugar 10g 11% | Protein 30g 60% | Vitamin A 1060IU 21% | Vitamin C 21.6mg 26% | Calcium 408mg 41% | Iron 4.1mg 23%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!