Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 15 to 24 Servings
The best indeed! This cake is one of the best cakes I have ever tasted. Enjoy every bite of this luscious cake. Ready in less than an hour, this recipe is surely a must-try!
For the Cake:
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 c all-purpose flour
1 c water or black coffee
2 sticks of butter (real, salted)
1/2 c buttermilk
2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
For the Icing:
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1-pound box of powdered sugar
A dash of salt
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 sticks of butter (real, salted)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 10×15-inch baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add baking soda, sugar, salt, and flour. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add water or black coffee and cocoa powder, then stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil, then remove it from the stove.
7. In a mixing bowl, add vanilla extract and eggs, then whisk until well blended.
8. Add the hot cocoa into the bowl with the flour mixture, then stir until well blended.
9. Add the buttermilk mixture, then whisk until well mixed.
10. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
11. Place the pan inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
12. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter, salt, and milk. Stir until well blended.
3. Remove the pan from the stove, then add vanilla extract and stir until well blended.
4. Add cocoa and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
5. Add the milk mixture, then stir until the texture becomes smooth.
6. Add the icing over the cake and spread it evenly. Allow the cake to sit at room temperature for a few hours.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
You can top the cake with chopped pecans or sprinkles if you wish.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!