Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I went to the Philippines about 5 years ago and I enjoyed my stay there for about a month. I loved the culture and especially the food! Oh, man, they know how to make their food delicious! This Chicken Adobo has always been my favourite that’s why I researched how to cook it. A Filipino friend of mine, gave me this recipe so it is legit! I tweaked it a bit to give a little diversity! So, here you go, friends! The best Chicken Adobo ever! Have a wonderful day, everyone. Enjoy!
4 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or legs
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3/4 c soy sauce
1/2 c cane vinegar or white vinegar
1/2 c sake or water
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
1/3 c chopped garlic
zest from 1 lime or lemon
4 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish, optional
1. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chicken thigs with the skin first. Sear each side for about 5 minutes or until they turn brown.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add the vinegar, soy sauce, sake, sugar, fish sauce, lime zest, chopped garlic, bay leaves, and a generous amount of pepper. Stir until well blended.
5. Add the sauce on top of the chicken thighs. Allow the sauce to boil.
6. Cover the Dutch oven and turn the heat down to about medium-low. Allow the adobo to simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove the cover and spoon the sauce over the chicken thighs.
8. Serve and enjoy!
1. Feel free to add bay leaves for extra aroma and flavour.
2. Serve this chicken adobo over rice!
3. Feel free to garnish with green onions or cilantro.
Total Fat 35.6g | Trans Fat 0.2g 80% | Sodium 1842.7mg 3% | Total Carbohydrate 9.1g 2% | Dietary Fiber 0.5g | Sugars 5.3g 70% | Protein 35.2g 5% | Vitamin A 45.5µg 2% | Vitamin C 2.1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!