Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
The name of the recipe speaks for itself! It is indeed the best! Take a break from the usual French fries, and try this recipe instead. Enjoy!
1/2 tsp (4g) baking soda
A small handful of picking fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
A small handful of fresh parsley leaves, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
4 lbs. (about 2 kg) of russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters, sixths, or eighths, depending on size
5 tbsp (75ml) extra virgin olive oil, duck fat, goose fat, or beef fat
1. Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees C or 450 degrees F.
3. Place a large pot with 2 liters of water, baking soda, and 2 tbsp of kosher salt on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
4. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until fork-tender.
5. Place a saucepan on the stove, then add duck fat, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and a bit of black pepper. Stir until well blended.
6. Turn the heat to medium and cook the mixture for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Strain the oil right away into a large mixing bowl. Set aside the mixture for later use.
8. Drain the potatoes, then put them back into the pot. Allow them to rest for at least 30 seconds.
9. Add the potatoes into the bowl with the infused oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, then mash them.
10. Move the potatoes onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Make sure to separate them from one another.
11. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
12. Flip the potatoes and cook the other side for another 30 minutes.
13. Place the potatoes into a large mixing bowl, then add the garlic-rosemary mixture as well as the minced parsley. Toss everything until well mixed. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to season.
14. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories 289 | Total Fat 9g 11% | Saturated Fat 1g 6% | Cholesterol 0mg 0% | Sodium 977mg 42% | Total Carbohydrate 49g 18% | Dietary Fiber 5g 18% | Total Sugars 3g | Protein 6g | Vitamin C 23mg 117% | Calcium 40mg 3% | Iron 3mg 15% | Potassium 1229mg 26%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!