Yield: 2 Pies
I will always share this recipe with everyone because I want all of you to taste how delicious this Southern Tomato Pie is! This recipe yields 2 pies enough to satisfy a crowd! The incredible taste of tomatoes combined with the rest of the ingredients made this the best pie! Well, you just have to try this recipe and taste it yourself. Enjoy!
1 cup mayonnaise (add slowly until desired consistency; can use more or less)
8 ounces sharp cheddar
8 ounces Monterey jack
8 ounces Parmesan
1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
1/4 Vidalia onion, grated
3-4 medium tomatoes, sliced
Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
black pepper, to taste
sugar, to taste
2 pre-baked pie crusts
kosher salt, to taste
minced onion, to taste
basil, for garnish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the tomatoes, then put them onto a paper towel.
3. Sprinkle a bit of sugar and kosher salt, then cover them with another paper towel. Allow the tomatoes to sit at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Gently press the tomatoes to remove most of the water.
5. Add Parmesan cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, minced onion, freshly grated Vidalia onion, black pepper, and pimentos into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
6. Brush the pie crust with Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard. Make sure to cover the pie crust.
7. Arrange the tomatoes over the crust.
8. Add the pimento cheese mixture on top and spread it evenly.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
10. Broil for about 2 to 4 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
11. Remove the pie from the oven, then sprinkle freshly chopped basil on top to garnish.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!