Yield: 2 Pies
This Southern Tomato Pie is my ultimate comfort food! I feel at home every time I get a bite of this spectacular pie. In just a couple of minutes, you will surely enjoy this pie. I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go!
8 ounces Parmesan
1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
2 pre-baked pie crusts
1/4 Vidalia onion, grated
Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
minced onion, to taste
black pepper, to taste
8 ounces sharp cheddar
8 ounces Monterey jack
sugar, to taste
3-4 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mayonnaise (add slowly until desired consistency; can use more or less)
kosher salt, to taste
basil, for garnish
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the tomatoes into thin or thick pieces. Depends on your preference.
3. Add the tomato slices onto a paper towel, then sprinkle salt and a bit of sugar.
4. Cover the potatoes with another towel, then let the tomatoes sit at room temperature for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Squeeze the tomatoes gently to remove any excess liquid.
6. Add Parmesan cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, diced pimentos, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, minced onion, black pepper, and freshly grated Vidalia onion into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
7. Add Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard on top of the crust and spread it evenly. Make sure to coat the entire crust.
8. Add the pimento cheese over the mustard.
9. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
10. Broil for another 2 minutes or until the top turns brown.
11. Remove from the oven and sprinkle freshly chopped basil on top to garnish.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!