Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this awesome recipe to my friends, and that includes you! This Mac and Cheese recipe is so simple that I am sure you can make it! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to add more ingredients if you like. By the way, add a generous amount of cheese. Just do it and thank me later! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 1/3 c whole milk
1 c half and half
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
8 oz. of medium pasta shells
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp unsalted butter
3 c chopped broccoli florets
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
6 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the shallot and garlic, then saute until soft and aromatic.
6. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
7. Add the Dijon mustard, milk, and half & half gradually. Stir every addition until well blended. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
8. Add the cooked pasta, then toss until well coated with the delicious sauce.
9. Add the broccoli and cheese, then toss again until well mixed. Cook everything for another 3 minutes.
10. Serve right away and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!