Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I do love a nice tasting Quiche! This recipe I am sharing with you today happens to be the best Quiche recipe out there! Don’t believe me? Try this recipe and prepare to be amazed. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
4 Egg whites
1 c low-fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
½ white onion, chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (9 inches) unbaked deep-dish pie crust (such as Marie Callender’s®)
1 (8 oz) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
2. Add the eggs, egg whites, and cottage cheese into a blender. Pulse for about a minute or until well blended.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add onion and asparagus. Sauté for 8 minutes or until translucent.
6. In the same skillet, add 2 more tsp of olive oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper the shrimp.
8. Add the seasoned shrimp into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until done.
9. Add the pie crust to a 9-inch pie plate.
10. Place the shrimp on top of the prepared crust.
11. Place the asparagus and onion over the shrimp.
12. Spread cottage cheese on top of the veggies.
13. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top.
14. Sprinkle the green onions on top of the cheese.
15. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for an hour or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 354 | Protein: 25.5g 51% | Carbohydrates: 16.4g 5% | Dietary Fiber: 1.7g 7% | Sugars: 4g | Fat: 20.6g 32% | Saturated Fat: 8.7g 43% | Cholesterol: 158.9mg 53% | Vitamin A Iu: 908.9IU 18% | Niacin Equivalents: 7mg 54% | Vitamin B6: 0.2mg 11% | Vitamin C: 6mg 10% | Folate: 60.3mcg 15% | Calcium: 281.9mg 28% | Iron: 3.7mg 21% | Magnesium: 39.8mg 14% | Potassium: 312.4mg 9% | Sodium: 554.2mg 22% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 11% | Calories From Fat: 185.6
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!