Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This dish is my ultimate comfort food! Oh, man, you have got to give this recipe a try! This meal will surely light up your day! I have listed all the things you will be needing so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have the most beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground Italian Sausage
1/2 c diced onion about 1/2 medium-sized onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
32 oz vegetable broth chicken works too
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
9 oz refrigerated tortellini
2 c packed fresh spinach
6 Baguette slices (about 1/3 of a baguette)
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
For the Soup:
1. Place a heavy pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. add vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion slices and saute until translucent.
4. Add the Italian sausage and garlic. Cook until brown and aromatic.
5. Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
6. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pan. Leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Add the spinach and tortellini, then simmer again for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
8. Remove from the heat and sprinkle a generous amount of shredded Parmesan cheese on top.
9. Serve and enjoy!
For the Crostini:
1. Brush with melted butter each slice of the 1/2-inch thick baguette.
2. Place then into a hot skillet over medium heat, then toast one side for a few minutes.
3. Turn the baguette, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Toast the other sides.
4. Serve with the tortellini soup. Enjoy!
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1654mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1651 IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!