Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This is my ultimate comfort food! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! This recipe is a must-try! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
6 large inside round rouladen
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 c chopped parsley and more for garnish
6 slices bacon
6 – 1/4 dill pickle (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 c flour
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (not traditional but adds so much flavour)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
8 mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter
1. Place the meat slices onto a flat surface.
2. Add Dijon mustard over each meat slice and spread it evenly.
3. Top each meat slice with bacon.
4. Sprinkle fresh parsley and onions over the bacon.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
6. Roll each and use a toothpick to seal. Coat each with flour.
7. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add 3 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the rouladen and cook each side until brown. Make sure to cook them in batches.
10. Arrange the rouladen into a casserole dish.
11. In the same pan, add water and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
12. Pour the drippings on top of the rouladen.
13. Add more water, low sodium soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until just mixed.
14. Sprinkle the mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
15. Place it inside the oven and bake for about 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
16. Mix flour and butter until creamy.
17. Remove the rouladen from the oven.
18. Put the gravy mixture into a pan and turn the heat to low.
19. Add the butter mixture and whisk until well blended and thick.
20. Add more seasonings if needed. Simmer for a few minutes.
21. Garnish with parsley.
22. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 188 | TOTAL FAT: 14g | SATURATED FAT: 7g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 5g | CHOLESTEROL: 37mg | SODIUM: 627mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 10g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 1g | PROTEIN: 6g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!