Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
Hello there, friends! I hope you are all doing well! This recipe I am sharing with you today is my all-time favourite Tuna Noodle Casserole! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Try and taste perfection today. Enjoy!
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp dried dill weed
1 14.5 oz. can of low-sodium chicken broth (just under 2 cups), warmed
8 oz. medium-size shell pasta*
1 rib celery, diced
1/4 c onion, diced
2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, minced
4 tbsp butter, divided
2 tsp fresh lemon juice, more if desired
3/4 c frozen peas
1 c milk, warmed
5 oz. canned albacore white tuna, packed in water, more if desired
1 c freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Topping:
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 c Ritz crackers, crushed
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 1 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
5. Add the garlic, onion, celery, and peas. Saute until aromatic and soft. Transfer onto a clean plate.
For the Sauce:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. In the same pan, add the rest of the butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
4. Add the milk and chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
5. Turn the heat down to low, then add parsley, dill, salt, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
6. Remove the pan from the stove, then add the veggies, tuna, and veggies. Stir until well mixed.
7. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
8. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
9. Scatter the crushed Ritz crackers on top. Drizzle the melted butter as well.
10. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
11. Sere and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 5 days or 3 months inside the freezer.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 616mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 1.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!