Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 55 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
Potato casserole baked twice to perfection! This dish is something that your entire family is going to love! Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lb of bacon slices, cut into bits and fried
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
8 medium russet potatoes, about 4 lbs.
1/4 to 1/2 c milk (if potatoes are too thick)
4 tbsp butter, melted
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 218 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
2. Line with aluminium foil onto a baking sheet.
3. Use a fork to poke small holes all over the potatoes.
4. Add the potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
5. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for about an hour or until fork-tender. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature.
6. Slice the potatoes into two, then remove the flesh and transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
7. Add garlic, salt, pepper, butter, sour cream, and cream cheese into the bowl with the potatoes. Stir until well blended.
8. Add 1/2 of the bacon, 1/2 green onions, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and milk. Stir until well blended.
9. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
10. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon and cheese on top.
12. Cover everything with aluminium foil.
13. Place it inside the oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 325 degrees F.
14. Remove from the oven, then sprinkle green onions on top to garnish.
15. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!