Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
This recipe blew my mind! I have never seen such beautiful food until now! This Upside-Down Potato, Onion is surely a must-try! Grace your dining table with this incredible dish! In just 45 minutes, you can have something fancy and delicious food to serve! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go. A total-crowd pleaser this is! Enjoy!
1-pound red potatoes, washed and very thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
12 sprigs thyme, strip the leaves from the stems (optional)
2 1/2 tbsp butter
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 large onion, sliced somewhat thickly (a tad more than 1/4 inch thick)
2 c of Cheese: you can use whatever you like, I used:
1 c grated mozzarella
1/2 c crumbled feta
1/2 c grated gruyere
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a 9-inch cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
3. Add butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the onion and thyme, then sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the cheeses, potato, salt, pepper, and oil. Toss until well mixed.
6. Add the potato mixture over the onion in the skillet and spread it evenly.
7. Place the skillet inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven, then invert it onto a clean serving plate.
9. Allow the Upside-Down Potato, Onion to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 346 Carbs: 23.1 Fat: 23.3 Protein: 13.1
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!